Humanities through the Arts (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course represents an exploratory approach to the humanities that focuses on the special role of the arts. The relation of the humanities to values is central to the purpose of the course. This approach provides a self-contained program for studying values as revealed in the arts.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate the historical influences of political, cultural, and scientific values upon art.
- Investigate the basic elements and tools an artist uses to create a work of art.
- Develop an appreciation of the processes of criticism and evaluation.
- Investigate human values as they are found in various performing and fine art works prior to the present.
- Explore contemporary human values as they are found in the various art media in popular culture.
- Explore the resources in the various performing and fine arts.
- Explore the interrelationships between the various performing and fine arts.
- Develop techniques for critical thinking.
- Express opinions and views effectively and responsibly in class discussions.
| ||215||142942||Humanities Through the Arts ||Online||3||Nissen J||$12.00||26/31/0||Open||
| ||215||142936||Humanities Through the Arts ||Online||3||Nissen J||$12.00||26/31/0||Open||
| ||215||112476||Humanities Through the Arts ||Online||3||Nissen J||$12.00||4/31/0||Closed||
| ||215||112936||Humanities Through the Arts ||Online||3||Nissen J||$12.00||3/31/0||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.