Transportation and Border Security
This course addresses concerns associated with border and transportation security to include the potential threats to the passenger and cargo transportation systems. The course will cover the essential characteristics of national and international terrorism, with emphasis placed on significant transportation related terrorist threats and events. Emphasis will also be placed on the importance of technology and the interdependency of local, state, federal and international agencies to protect global trade. Students will be expected to solve problems as an individual and in a coordinated team setting.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Outline the essential characteristics of national and international acts of terrorism.
- Construct a historical timeline reflecting significant transportation related terrorist threats and events in the United States and globally.
- Differentiate between natural and unnatural threats to transportation systems and how to detect the difference.
- Identify the characteristics of vulnerabilities in transportation systems.
- Explain the impact of technology on countering threats to transportation systems.
- Discuss differences in dealing with security threats for passenger versus freight transportation systems.
- Classify the roles, functions of, and interdependency between local, federal, and international law enforcement and military agencies to foster border security.
- Create effective strategies to generate useful information for local, national and international law enforcement agencies.
- Solve problems as an individual and in a coordinated team setting.
- Write clear, concise and accurate reports to provide factual information, accurate data analysis, and sound recommendations.
| ||103||347657||Transp & Border Security|| ||3||Jones K|| ||21/31/0||Open||
| ||103||317656||Transp & Border Security|| ||3||Jones K|| ||29/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.