Health Information Technology
Health Information Technology Seminar (1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.
This course will assist the student in preparation for the registered health information technician certification examination. The student will develop a study plan to be utilized on an individual and/or group basis. The student will complete a mock certification examination. The student will also begin preparation for a job search. A research of job opportunities that are currently available will be identified. The impact of continuing education upon the health information management profession will be discussed and a plan for maintaining certification will be developed.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Report current events regarding the health information management profession.
- Explain the changes occurring in the health information management profession in terms of: a) Role of the health information management professional b) Continuing education of the health information management professional c) Employment opportunities for the health information management professional d) Health care trends.
- Identify the major factors in health care legislation that impact the role of the health information management professional.
- Explain the role of the American Health Information Management Association and Michigan Health Information Management Association and their relationship to the health information management professional.
- Develop a plan to prepare for the certification examination.
- Identify the Continuing Education requirements for the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) in terms of: a) Specific requirements b) Plan of action.
- Examine the baccalaureate programs appropriate for the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
- Develop a resume.
- Prepare for an interview (mock).
- Develop a letter of reference.
- Submit Continuing Education forms.
- Complete Mock Examination.
- Prepare Job Search Notebook.
| ||213||217817||Health Info Tech Seminar ||Hybrid||1||Scheller J||$12.00||14/30/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.