Health Information Technology
Pharmacology for Health Professionals (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to provide an overview of principles of pharmacology pertaining to treatment of diseases, physiological processes of the body related to drug therapy, legislation, classification and names of medications. Students will learn about medications through activities using medical documentation and internet resources.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze health records to correlated diagnosis with prescribed medications for those patients.
- Investigate therapeutic effects, dosages and methods of administration of medications using appropriate research methods.
- Relate the pharmacologic actions of a variety of drugs to the human body's physiological responses to diseases, injuries and other conditions.
- Categorize drugs into correct therapeutic classifications by both trade and generic names.
- Distinguish between sound-alike drugs.
- Summarize the major drug legislations that have impacted the pharmaceutical industry.
- Differentiate between side effects, adverse effects, toxicities, cumulative effects and hypersensitivity to various medications.
| ||114||142914||Pharmacology for Health Prof ||Online|| ||Austin H||$12.00||8/31/0||Closed||
| ||114||247253||Pharmacology for Health Prof|| || ||Pizzino T||$12.00||14/31/0||Open||
| ||114||112416||Pharmacology for Health Prof ||Online|| ||Austin H||$12.00||24/31/0||Open||
| ||114||112441||Pharmacology for Health Prof ||Online|| ||Austin H||$12.00||11/31/0||Open||
| ||114||217270||Pharmacology for Health Prof|| || ||Pizzino T||$12.00||23/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.