Health Information Technology
Pharmacology for Health Professionals (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to provide an overview of principles of pharmacology pertaining to treatment of diseases, physiological processes of the body related to drug therapy, legislation, classification and names of medications. Students will learn about medications through activities using medical documentation and internet resources.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze health records to correlate diagnosis with prescribed medications for those patients.
- Investigate drug forms available and methods of administration.
- Relate the pharmacologic actions of a variety of drugs to the human body's physiological responses to diseases, injuries and other conditions.
- Categorize drugs into correct therapeutic classifications.
- Summarize the major policies, processes and regulations that have impacted the pharmaceutical industry.
- Differentiate between therapeutic effects, side effects and adverse effects of various medications.
| ||114||142914||Pharmacology for Health Prof ||Online||2||Austin H||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||
| ||114||247253||Pharmacology for Health Prof|| ||2||Pizzino T||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||114||227252||Pharmacoloy for Health Prof|| ||2||Pizzino T||$12.00||18/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.