Contemporary World (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a survey of the main themes in the history of the world in the last hundred years: the Eurocentric world order of 1900; World War I, communist revolution and fascist counter-revolution; the settlements of the 1920s and the renewal of world crisis in the 1930s; World War II and the onset of the Cold War in the 1940s-1960s; erosion and collapse of the postwar order in the 1970s-1980s; and the contemporary world order in historical context.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear, factual understanding of the historical development of contemporary world history.
- Evaluate the human experience as it relates to the historical period covered by the course.
- Analyze the role geography played in the historical period covered by the course.
- Relate the human experience—using history—to contemporary times.
- Analyze historical evidence of the human experience/culture for the period covered by the course.
- Distinguish between historical artifacts and other types of sources concerning history.
- Incorporate historical artifacts and other scholarly sources concerning history into their writing and research.
- Demonstrate digital literacy, especially as it relates to the study of history.
- Compare and contrast the impact of the wars and revolutions occurring during the period covered by the course.
- Illustrate the contemporary world order in a historical context.
| ||138||117855||Contemporary World ||Hybrid||3||Thomson A|| ||24/28/0||Open||
| ||138||111609||Contemporary World|| ||3||Behler C|| ||2/31/0||Open||
| ||138||111625||Contemporary World|| ||3||Stegich E|| ||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||138||111626||Contemporary World|| ||3||Lark K|| ||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||138||111650||Contemporary World|| ||3||Behler C|| ||11/31/0||Open||
| ||138||112968||Contemporary World ||Online||3||Swope M||$30.00||1/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.