Human Development Services
Career Decision Making (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This course assists students in examining the components of career/job choice. The focus is on career awareness, personal awareness and education/training awareness as they relate to the process of occupational choice. Self-assessment instruments will help identify tentative career options, decision-making strategies, obstacles and planning skills.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the components of career choice including career, personal and educational awareness.
- Identify personal and situational barriers that impact individual career decision-making.
- Compare personal interests, skills, values and personality with career options.
- Analyze the impact of job outlook on the career decision-making process.
- Explore resources and tools for effective career research.
- Utilize career information for refining career prospects.
- Apply decision-making strategies to set long and short-term goals.
- Integrate personal assessments and research-based data to generate career prospects.
- Relate career planning to a life-long process that involves continuous evaluation and prioritizing of values.
| ||110||140600||Career Decision Making|| ||2||Minton B||$42.00||23/24/0||Open||
| ||110||140672||Career Decision Making|| ||2||Minton B||$42.00||23/25/0||Open||
| ||110||142971||Career Decision Making ||Online||2||Gasevski K||$42.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||110||122957||Career Decision Making ||Online||2||Gasevski K||$42.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||110||110691||Career Decision Making|| ||2||Minton B||$42.00||9/30/0||Open||
| ||110||112394||Career Decision Making ||Online||2||Gasevski K||$42.00||9/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.