Elementary French 1
This course is intended for students with no previous education in French. You will learn basic grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. You will also gain an appreciation for the French and Francophone culture.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of beginning French texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in French.
- Discriminate distinctive French sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken French.
- Correctly pronounce French words, phrases and sentences.
- Speak French clearly and accurately with beginning fluency.
- Integrate beginning French vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Correctly apply beginning rules of French grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Effectively communicate in French through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare and contrast beginning aspects of French and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this beginning French course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the French language and culture.
| ||101||140401||Elementary French 1|| ||4||Wroblewski V|| ||13/28/0||Open||
| ||101||140450||Elementary French 1|| ||4||Wroblewski V|| ||23/25/0||Open||
| ||101||142322||Elementary French 1 ||Online||4||Veerasamy P||$30.00||18/31/0||Open||