Fire Department Organization and Administration (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to equip the student with knowledge to effectively tackle challenging management problems and deliver practical solutions for managing today’s fire departments. This course provides guidance on leadership skills: motivating and disciplining personnel and accepting cultural diversity and unity. Also covered in this course is managing human resources, the use of computer technology for information management and strategic planning and budgeting.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine the structure and function of fire and emergency services administration and management.
- Identify the influence of internal and external stakeholders on fire and emergency services.
- Examine effective strategies for managing resources and influencing change.
- Explain the considerations that must be taken into account during the budgetary planning process.
- Summarize human resources issues in fire and emergency services, including hiring and recruiting, discipline, motivation and working with unions.
- Outline the duties of fire and emergency service personnel in the communities in which they serve.
- Examine the training and education requirements for fire and emergency service personnel.
- Analyze health and safety standards and regulations for fire and emergency service personnel.
- Characterize ethical behavior in fire and emergency service.
- Investigate local, state and federal regulations and policy as they relate to fire and emergency service.
- Analyze trends in fire and emergency service from a historical perspective.
| ||205||142712||Fire Dept Org Admin ||Online||3||Harper M||$12.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||205||112701||Fire Dept Org Admin ||Online||3||Harper M||$12.00||26/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.