English as a Second Language
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Sentence Skills CPT 51-70 or successful completion of ESL 051.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Express thoughts accurately using oral and written skills.
- Construct sentences and paragraphs showing appropriate use of grammar.
- Utilize vocabulary, verbal and nonverbal skills correctly in formal and informal situations.
- Apply appropriate oral feedback.
- Formulate a valid response to questions.
- Analyze vocabulary words utilizing context, structure and dictionary strategies.
- Assess word parts to assist with new vocabulary.
- Interpret contextual clues to aid with new vocabulary.
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills to convey ideas.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.