English as a Second Language
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Sentence Skills CPT 35-50.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Utilize appropriate parts of speech in written communication.
- Construct complete and accurate sentences using proper sentence structure.
- Generate basic paragraphs using proper format including topic sentence, body and conclusion.
- Analyze text for accurate punctuation.
- Create written text using correct punctuation.
- Differentiate correct use of verb tenses in writing.
- Illustrate the use of correct grammar when producing written communications.
- Formulate vocabulary by building words using word parts.
- Create clear written communication with a minimum of errors that would impede comprehensibility.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.