English as a Second Language
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Sentence Skills CPT 35-50.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Express thoughts orally with a minimum of pronunciation and vocabulary usage errors that impede understanding.
- Analyze the parts of an effective presentation.
- Prepare presentations using an organized format to convey concepts in an academic setting.
- Deliver presentations using an organized format to convey concepts in an academic setting.
- Apply communicative language skills to cooperate with others in groups.
- Employ new course-related vocabulary in a variety of applications, including tests, presentations and group work.
- Demonstrate listening comprehension in formal and informal situations.
- Apply key course-related pronunciation, volume and intonation concepts for effective listening and speaking.
- Apply basic skills of dictionary use.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.