Business English (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course examines verbal and nonverbal communication theories and methods relating to business. Students write business documents and apply a variety of methods for collecting and presenting data.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 55 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or minimum placement test score of 18 ACT, 25 SAT or 71 CPT.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the writing process in business communication ( purpose, audience, topic, drafting, revising, editing and publishing).
- Construct short, written communications, including e-mails, memos and letters.
- Use direct and indirect formats in both written and oral communication.
- Revise writing for correctness, consistency and effectiveness.
- Edit writing for tone and readability.
- Complete a research-based business project.
- Translate applicable research into a formal business report using appropriate research methodology and ethical reporting standards.
- Demonstrate presentation skills applicable to the business environment.
- Develop collaborative and team management skills.
| ||106||142918||Business English ||Online|| ||Maheshwari A||$12.00||6/31/0||Closed||
| ||106||047753||Business English ||OE/OE|| ||Hays S||$12.00||23/31/0||Open||
| ||106||141419||Business English|| || ||Rybicka E||$12.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||106||141458||Business English|| || ||Zorn L||$12.00||11/28/0||Open||
| ||106||142903||Business English ||Online|| ||Maheshwari A||$12.00||10/31/0||Closed||
| ||106||017746||Business English ||OE/OE|| ||Scott M||$12.00||22/31/0||Open||
| ||106||111425||Business English|| || ||Rybicka E||$12.00||20/28/0||Open||
| ||106||111426||Business English|| || ||Zorn L||$12.00||24/31/0||Open||
| ||106||111457||Business English|| || ||Simmons-Short I||$12.00||15/28/0||Open||
| ||106||112918||Business English ||Online|| ||Maheshwari A||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.