This course examines verbal and nonverbal communication theories and methods relating to business. Students write business documents and apply a variety of methods for collecting and presenting data.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 100 or
- ENG 101 with a minimum grade of 2.0 and basic computer skills.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the writing process in business communication ( purpose, audience, topic, drafting, revising, editing and publishing).
- Construct short, written communications, including e-mails, memos and letters.
- Use direct and indirect formats in both written and oral communication.
- Revise writing for correctness, consistency and effectiveness.
- Edit writing for tone and readability.
- Complete a research-based business project.
- Translate applicable research into a formal business report using appropriate research methodology and ethical reporting standards.
- Demonstrate presentation skills applicable to the business environment.
- Develop collaborative and team management skills.
| ||106||027713||Business English ||OE/OE||3||Scott M||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||106||122903||Business English ||Online||3||Maheshwari A||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||106||132903||Business English ||Online||3||Maheshwari A||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||