AC/DC Motors (1-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to provide the student with a comprehensive understanding of motors used in industry. Principles and theories of magnetic fields and mechanical rotation will be covered. Basic through complex theories of rotor phase angles and effects on torque will be discussed. Magnetic and inductive theories, characteristics of various types of motors and speed control used in DC and AC type motors will be studied.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Classify various styles of motors.
- Utilize various acronyms and terms used with motors.
- Apply electrical formulas to motor operations.
- Explain field polarities and the density of magnetic fields.
- Explain counter electro motive force and how a magnetic induces voltage.
- Explain troubleshooting a motor system using diagnostic tools.
- Identify problems associated with motors.
- Explain the basic operations and circuit requirements of controlling both AC and DC motors.
- Identify sensor operations.
| ||218||144516||AC/DC Motors|| || ||Ambrose S||$52.00||13/20/0||Open||
| ||218||114560||AC/DC Motors|| || ||Ambrose S||$52.00||20/20/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.