Diodes and Transistors (1-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course will introduce the students to various semiconductor devices starting with a discussion of internal construction, followed by circuit configurations, applications and troubleshooting techniques. Diodes will be discussed first and will include signal, rectifier, Zener and light emitting types. Transistor material will cover NPN and PNP bipolar types, J type FETs, enhancement and depletion MOSFETs. Finally, transistor switching circuits will be examined.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain diodes as electrical components.
- Explain transistors as electrical components.
- Validate mathematical models of diode circuits.
- Validate mathematical models of transistor circuits.
- Construct diode circuits.
- Construct transistor circuits.
- Measure electrical magnitudes of diode circuits.
- Measure electrical magnitudes of transistor circuits.
- Validate practical transistor applications.
| ||139||144502||Diodes & Transistors|| ||3||Schlick W||$52.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||139||144554||Diodes & Transistors|| ||3||Wilbourn R||$52.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||139||114512||Diodes & Transistors|| ||3||Wilbourn R||$52.00||10/20/0||Open||
| ||139||114552||Diodes & Transistors|| ||3||Wilbourn R||$52.00||5/20/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.