AC Circuits and Mathematical Modeling (2-3) 5 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to explore the theory and application of AC Fundamentals. Sine wave generation and analysis will be studied. The theory of Kirchhoff’s laws will be used to solve AC series, parallel and series-parallel circuits using the method of phasors. Other topics covered include capacitors, inductors, transformers, resonance, passive filters, RC and RL circuits. Laboratory experiments are utilized to teach the use of common test equipment and to demonstrate the principals taught in lecture.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain passive electronics components.
- Explain passive electronics symbols.
- Validate Ohm’s law to mathematically modeled AC circuits.
- Validate the power law to mathematically modeled AC circuits.
- Validate Kirchhoff’s laws to mathematically modeled AC circuits.
- Construct series resistive/capacitive AC circuits.
- Construct series resistive/inductive AC circuits.
- Construct series resistive/capacitive/inductive AC circuits.
- Construct parallel resistive/capacitive AC circuits.
- Construct parallel resistive/inductive AC circuits.
- Construct parallel resistive/capacitive/inductive AC circuits.
- Measure electrical magnitudes of series AC circuits.
- Measure electrical magnitudes of parallel AC circuits.
- Measure electrical magnitudes of series/parallel AC circuits.
- Explain phasor relationships of AC circuits.
| ||138||144514||AC Circuits Math Modeling|| || ||Wilbourn R||$52.00||13/20/0||Open||
| ||138||144558||AC Circuits Math Modeling|| || ||Parnin T||$52.00||6/20/0||Open||
| ||138||114505||AC Circuits Math Modeling|| || ||Schlick W||$52.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||138||114551||AC Circuits Math Modeling|| || ||Parnin T||$52.00||20/20/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.