Basic Measurement and Reporting Skills
This course is designed for students who are pursuing a career in electronics or electronic related fields. The student will receive instruction on how to conduct career research and in the proper use of basic measuring instruments, such as the Digital Multimeter (DMM), the Volt-Ohm Meter (VOM), the sine wave generator and the oscilloscope. In the electronics laboratory, the student will make measurements, record data, maintain a logbook and develop conclusions based on the results. In the computer laboratory, students will learn how to organize and report their findings utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify relevant data in a record logbook.
- Use a Volt-Ohm Meter (VOM) and Digital-Multi-Meter (DMM) to measure resistance, voltage and current.
- Evaluate the accuracy of a measurement, given the measurements.
- Generate a formal laboratory report.
- Adjust a sine wave generator to deliver a waveform specified frequency and amplitude.
- Measure voltage, current, frequency, time and phase relationship of AC waveforms using the oscilloscope.
- Maintain a logbook.
- Create graphs using Excel.
- Formulate a conclusion based on experimental results.
| ||131||134501||Basic Measures & Report Skills|| ||3||Staff||$20.00||18/20/0||Open||
| ||131||124553||Basic Measures & Report Skills|| ||3||Peters C||$20.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||131||144504||Basic Measures & Report Skills|| ||3||Kramer J||$20.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||131||144556||Basic Measures & Report Skills|| ||3||Peters C||$20.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||131||144503||Basic Measures & Report Skills|| ||3||Acharya D||$20.00||19/20/0||Open||
| ||131||144509||Basic Measures & Report Skills|| ||3||Acharya D||$20.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||131||144555||Basic Measures & Report Skills|| ||3||Kai S||$20.00||20/20/0||Open||