Child Development (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to provide students an overview of development from the prenatal time period through emerging adulthood. The course will concentrate on physical, cognitive, social and emotional development in the prenatal, infancy, toddler, preschool, middle childhood, adolescence and emerging adulthood. Emphasis is placed on understanding development in the context of educational settings.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Minimum test score of 18 on Reading portion of ACT or 70 CPT.
- Minimum test score of 18 on English portion of ACT or 71 CPT.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Interpret child behavior as it relates to developmental theory.
- Create an activity based upon cognitive development theory that enhances cognitive development in a child.
- Examine the Child Protection Law and Mandated Reporting of Suspected Abuse and Neglect.
- Outline the physical, language, social/emotional and cognitive development in the infancy period.
- Outline the physical, language, social/emotional and cognitive development in the toddler and preschool periods.
- Outline the physical, language, social/emotional and cognitive development in the middle childhood period.
- Outline the physical, language, social/emotional and cognitive development in the adolescent through emerging adulthood periods.
- Investigate multiple influences on development and learning including biological and environmental influences.
- Identify the key practices of teachers that support the development of children in educational settings.
| ||110||148102||Child Development|| ||3||Grace E||$12.00||25/31/0||Open||
| ||110||148117||Child Development|| ||3||Grace E||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||110||148153||Child Development|| ||3||Baker S A||$12.00||22/24/0||Open||
| ||110||127552||Child Development|| ||3||Baker S A|| ||14/24/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.