Discussion (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course conveys a better understanding of human affairs. The student will review attitudes and skills for effective participation in discussion including cooperative thinking, exchange of ideas and problem solving.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain basic principles; methods and concepts of formal academic and professional discussion.
- Articulate basic facts of human and community affairs.
- Explain technical terms related to principles of formal academic and professional discussion.
- Demonstrate the ability to think cooperatively.
- Demonstrate basic principles and methods of problem solving.
- Examine the impact of human and community affairs on one's self, our communities and our world.
- Differentiate the key factors necessary for effective listening.
- Differentiate the various types of listening (critical, creative, sympathetic and therapeutic).
- Conduct field research.
| ||201||111119||Discussion|| ||3||Wade G||$12.00||12/26/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.