Interpersonal Communications (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course provides study and practical application exercises in the basic elements of interpersonal communication with emphasis on self-concept, perception, meanings, listening, feedback, defensive communication barriers and nonverbal communication. Special attention will be given to improving interpersonal communication skills.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain basic terminology of interpersonal relationships, with an emphasis on self-concept and overall relational effectiveness.
- Explain basic concepts of interpersonal relationships, with an emphasis on self-concept and overall relational effectiveness.
- Explain characteristics intrinsic to effective interpersonal communications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in working within a community using effective, efficient, ethical and collaborative conduct.
- Differentiate the key factors necessary for effective listening.
- Differentiate the various types of listening (critical, creative, sympathetic and therapeutic).
- Explain principles of managing interpersonal conflict.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communications in the work place and professional arena.
- Explain barriers to defensive communications.
| ||200||141125||Interpersonal Communication|| ||3||Taracuk D||$12.00||25/26/0||Open||
| ||200||111154||Interpersonal Communications|| ||3||Moskal S||$12.00||12/26/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.