Applied Learning Theory for Nursing Majors
This course is designed to prepare nursing students for the demands of the nursing program. Emphasis will be placed on developing and applying critical reading, thinking and learning strategies to nursing content. Topics covered in the course are reading speed/comprehension, reading study system, lecture note taking, time/goal management, test preparation/test taking and mathematics, as well as assistance with TEAS preparation. This course will help students prepare to handle courses offered throughout the entire nursing program.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop study techniques that promote mastery of nursing concepts.
- Summarize essential elements from nursing articles.
- Integrate information from multiple sources – nursing chapters, articles, lectures.
- Explore time/goal management techniques necessary to handle demanding course loads.
- Enhance flexibility and efficiency in lecture note taking.
- Develop test preparation/test-taking systems that promote optimal learning and performance on nursing exams.
- Enhance comprehension skills at the fact level by identifying main ideas and relevant details.
- Develop comprehension skills at the critical thinking level, identifying supportable inferences and conclusions.
- Enhance reading speed and efficiency skills necessary for handling reading intensive courses.
| ||130||140542||Applied Learning Theory Nurs|| ||3||Clack D||$10.00||14/20/0||Open||
|T R ||09:00AM-10:54AM||MC015|
|T R ||11:00AM-12:10PM||MC050|