(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- COLLS 45 or Reading Placement Score ACT 15 - 17 / CPT 57 - 69.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify major concepts and relevant details in college textbooks and essays.
- Formulate a valid response to an essay or argument.
- Differentiate appropriate reading strategies for various types of texts.
- Document seminal events while reading an autobiography.
- Analyze vocabulary words utilizing context, word structure and pronunciation.
- Explore the question and answer relationships in reading and test preparation.
- Develop critical reading strategies for essay and argument.
- Use appropriate organizational techniques to consolidate information.
- Demonstrate appropriate test preparation techniques.
- Investigate test taking strategies.
- Diagnose testing errors.
- Summarize essential elements of an essay or argument.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.