Computer Information Systems
This course is designed to introduce the student to basic computer networking protocols, standards and systems applicable to Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN).
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain basic communications terminology.
- Examine media used in networking.
- Identify the different types of hardware required in networking.
- Differentiate the different types of software that are required in networking.
- Examine how protocols are used to transmit information across a network.
- Explain how addresses are used by computers to send and receive information.
- Examine current technologies used in local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
- Examine current technologies used in wireless networks and voice and video transmissions over the Internet.
- Examine the various aspects of Network management, security and integrity.
| ||265||017735||Networking 1 ||OE/OE||3||Baron TS||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||