Computer Information Systems
Introduction to Networking (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course introduces students to the key concepts of data communications, telecommunications and networking. The course provides a solid introduction to networking fundamentals including key acronyms, protocols and components that are essential to understanding how networks operate today. Upon completion, the student will have a solid understanding of how information travels from a source computer to a destination computer across a complex network.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Compare the different types of hardware required in networking.
- Interpret output from networking software tools.
- Explore options for managing and optimizing networks.
- Characterize how protocols function within a layered communication system.
- Explain how addresses are used to exchange information.
- Investigate the flow of information between communicating network devices.
- Examine current technologies used in local area networks (LANs).
- Identify technologies used in wide area networks (WANs).
- Determine appropriate media and connectors for various networking scenarios.
| ||171||142845||Intro Networking|| ||3||Baron TS||$52.00||20/22/0||Open||
| ||171||047726||Intro Networking ||OE/OE||3||Baron TS||$12.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||171||142771||Intro Networking ||Online||3||Baron TS||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||171||142874||Intro Networking|| ||3||Parker M||$52.00||21/22/0||Open||
| ||171||122771||Intro Networking ||Online||3||Baron TS||$12.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||171||112771||Intro Networking ||Online||3||Baron TS||$12.00||8/31/0||Closed||
| ||171||117881||Intro Networking ||Hybrid||3||Baron TS||$52.00||0/20/0||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.