Computer Graphics Technology
3D Animation - Advanced Models and Textures
This class follows up on the skill sets that students were exposed to in CGT 247 Introduction to 3D Animation. In this class students will learn modeling, texturing and lighting techniques at a more sophisticated level. These techniques will include polygon, patch, NURBS and subdivision surface modeling, creating custom textures, lighting and atmospheric effects. They will also learn the techniques of intelligent model building and issues in creating projects for a variety of delivery platforms.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- A grade of 2.0 or higher in the following course:
- CGT 247 .
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply good project management skills.
- Create realistic 3D models using a variety of modeling techniques, including, primitives, box, and spline modeling.
- Determine appropriate modeling techniques based on work flow and technical constraints.
- Create a variety of models ranging from organic to mechanical, using appropriate modeling techniques.
- Create accurate 3D scenes using orthographic projections, snap-to functions, realistic units of measure, and the XYZ coordinate system.
- Modify basic materials using diffuse/specular settings, texture map tiling and offset settings, and transparency and illumination settings.
- Create custom materials using maps generated in Photoshop or a similar digital imaging software.
- Create realistic surfaces using a variety of material types and UVW mapping techniques.
- Create 3D scenes with a variety of moods and effects using lighting techniques and environmental settings.
| ||254||147122||3D Animation Advanced Models|| ||3||Wroble S||$30.00||20/24/0||Open||