Computer Graphics Technology
Digital Video Production
This course is an overview of skills required to create digital video productions. Students will develop video productions using pre-production planning, practical skills in camera usage, efficiencies in directing and production skills and refined non-linear editing. The productions developed during the semester will include informational, marketing and promotional materials.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Integrate common computer graphic file formats and pixel /vector-based graphic images with audio files.
- Demonstrate the concepts of time and space with the manipulation available with transformation, motion tools and effect options.
- Modify images with masks and mattes plus the combining of masks and alpha channels.
- Demonstrate audio manipulation and the synchronization of images with timing and tracking options.
- Demonstrate the operational and creative capabilities of a digital video camera.
- Distinguish which camera angle and sightline best communicates the scene's message.
- Evaluate the lighting requirements for a scene based on mood and action.
- Determine production needs with pre-production planning tools.
- Direct action and camera to best communicate the production's goals.
- Integrate these production skills with multiple motion graphics applications and rendering media.
| ||208||149338||Digital Video Production|| ||3||Salo J||$30.00||17/24/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.