Computer Graphics Technology
Publishing - InDesign (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course introduces students to the field of publishing design using Adobe InDesign. Emphasis is on learning the software and on applying basic design skills to computer generated design. Students will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of page-layout, typography, working with color and color separations and preparing documents for printing. Students are expected to have some computer experience and be familiar with basic functions of the computer before beginning the class.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Computer experience highly recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Use the basic functions of the computer.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the policies and procedures used in the computer labs: proper start-up and shut-down procedures, how to multitask, how to use the file server, how to select and use the laser and ink jet printers, and practice good file maintenance procedures.
- Use the basic panels and tools.
- Draw objects changing corner effects, resizing, skewing, rotating and flipping.
- Demonstrate proper document set-up.
- Use typographical features.
- Understand typographical terms.
- Create character and paragraph styles.
- Explain typographical terms.
- Utilize Master Pages.
- Use the coordinate and measurement systems for precise placement and sizing of elements.
- Demonstrate placing, scaling and cropping images, and the use of inline, independent and text wrapped graphics.
- Apply tabs.
- Create tables.
- Use an object library and object styles.
- Utilize the swatches panel to demonstrate the difference between spot and process colors.
- Use the design process from concept thru packaging operations.
| ||127||149350||InDesign|| ||3||Langdon J||$42.00||19/24/0||Open||
| ||127||149312||InDesign|| ||3||Voyles T||$42.00||14/22/0||Open||
| ||127||129357||InDesign|| ||3||Jacobs E||$30.00||18/24/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.