Child and Family Services
Operation and Maintenance of a Child Care Facility
This course will cover methods of operating and maintaining a child care facility. Included will be current laws and regulations regarding licensing, accreditation, equipping and maintaining the physical plant, staffing, food services, health and human services, budgeting and program development.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create family communication tools.
- Prepare a staff meeting for an early childhood program.
- Conduct a staff meeting for an early childhood program.
- Assess the equipment needs of an early childhood program within budget constraints.
- Determine compliance with state licensing regulations.
- Design a diagram of a child care facility that adheres to best practices in the early childhood field.
- Design a system for hiring staff that includes policies, procedures, and the interview process.
- Investigate state licensing regulations.
- Verify the Child Protection Law as related to mandated reporters.
| ||214||127822||Op & Maint of Child Care Fac ||Hybrid||3||Baker S|| ||31/31/0||Open||
| ||214||147865||Op & Maint of Child Care Fac ||Hybrid||3||Flynn-Hahn D|| ||29/31/0||Open||