Child and Family Services
Preschool Child Care (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to assist students in understanding the needs of the preschool child and methods by which they are met. There will be a focus on stages of development, typical behaviors, curriculum development and implementation. Observational skills will be sharpened, with concentration on signals alerting students to the children’s levels of functioning.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate qualities of an effective teacher.
- Develop teaching strategies that foster healthy development in young children.
- Construct a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Design family communication tools.
- Evaluate a preschool setting after observation.
- Explore how to meet the physical, cognitive, language, and social/emotional needs of the preschool child.
- Verify the Child Protection Law as related to mandated reporters.
- Identify the stages of child development.
- Exhibit effective observation skills within the classroom.
| ||101||140316||Preschool Child Care|| ||3||Flynn-Hahn D||$37.00||27/31/0||Open||
| ||101||120303||Preschool Child Care|| ||3||Baker S A||$25.00||20/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.