Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have a basic knowledge of purchasing, receiving and inventory control through the use of the computer and the application of computer software which will enhance his/her ability to run a more effective and profitable kitchen operation.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CAP 103 and all core CAP 100 level courses.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Write purchasing specifications for all types of products.
- Prepare a beginning inventory.
- Calculate order points and purchasing quantities.
- Determine par levels for all products.
- Identify basic grading and quality standards for all product areas.
- Judge basic grading and quality standards for all product areas.
- Identify quantity purchases at discount rates to determine when and how to buy.
- Calculate quantity purchases at discount rates to determine when and how to buy.
- Determine the purchasing cycle of receiving, inventory rotation, handling and storage.
- Identify the role of purchasing in reaching projected costs for the food service establishment.
- Use purchasing applications in the Culinary Arts Purchasing Department.
- Use computer software programs specifically designed to be used on food service purchasing.
| ||243||113746||Storeroom Operations|| ||3||Misiak C||$175.00||0/14/0||Closed||
|M T W ||08:00AM-11:20AM||VT640|