This course will cover the more intricate methods of producing fine pastries, mousses, cakes, tortes, ice cream desserts and chocolate work. The instruction covers recipe expansion and plate presentations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CAP 103 and all core CAP 100 level courses.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the different methods of producing cakes and tortes.
- Explain the development of plated desserts.
- Demonstrate how to build a cake and torte.
- Demonstrate how to decorate a special occasion cake.
- Demonstrate the different methods of preparing a dessert mousse.
- Produce a sponge and chiffon cake.
- Demonstrate the methods of making a frozen dessert.
- Explain the techniques used when working with chocolate.
- Demonstrate how to set-up a proper pastry station.
- Demonstrate proper pasty kitchen sanitation procedures.
- Differentiate between the different technologies used in dessert production.
- Demonstrate the different technologies used in dessert production.
| ||240||113721||Pastries 2|| ||4||Haight M||$175.00||1/14/0||Open||
|T W R ||04:40PM-08:00PM||VT645|