Computer Aided Design
Computer-Aided Design Internship (1-12/40) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This is an applied course within Occupational Programs specializing in the field of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and is a cooperative assignment for students who have completed the prerequisites for this course. Employment will be approximately 12 to 40 hours per week off-campus at the employer's location within a design or related department. The final grade will be based on a joint evaluation by the college and the employer. Students registered in this internship course are considered Schoolcraft College students with all rights, responsibilities and privileges of a student. Internships may be paid or unpaid based upon placement. Department permission is required before registering for this course. The selection of eligible students to register for the course is a competitive process that includes testing, submission of a resume with a cover letter and interviews.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENGR 100 ,
- CAD 103 and a 3D modeling course --
- CAD 211 or
- CAD 221 -- with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and an overall minimum GPA of 2.5 or consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply technical skills to work place environment.
- Apply project management skills by creating and using schedules and work plans.
- Evaluate information so that output can conform to the employer's product or service needs.
- Solve employer problems through data analysis and interpretation.
- Maintain design-related data files and information.
- Relate with staff in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- Perform duties in a professional manner (i.e., dress, professional ethics, work ethic and formal communications).
- Adhere to safety guidelines and regulations.
- Perform other design or related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
| ||290||127402||CAD Internship|| ||3||Rochon S||$12.00||4/5/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.