Computer Aided Design
CATIA - Level 1 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This first level CATIA course will cover the basics of creating, editing and storing 3D models. The construction and constraining of assemblies will be covered as will the creation of detail and assembly drawings using the drafting package.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create constrained sketches.
- Create complex models using feature based operations.
- Create complex models using independent bodies.
- Create Geometric Sets.
- Utilize Boolean operations to merge bodies into final complex parts.
- Create views of parts.
- Apply dimensions and tolerances to the views of the parts.
- Insert and complete title blocks.
- Print/plot drafting files.
- Select various printers, paper size and plotting formats.
- Save and retrieve files in compressed and noncompressed formats.
- Insert parts into Product Files.
- Constrain parts to each other and to the coordinate systems within the Assembly.
- Generate reports of clearances and interferences for assemblies.
- Create exploded assembly drawings.
- Check assemblies for clearances and interferences.
- Create Bill of Material tables for assembly drawings.
- Create simple surfaces using the Wireframe or Generative Shape Design package.
- Utilize the formulas and design tables.
- Import spreadsheet data to populate a design table for a part.
| ||211||144252||CATIA Level 1|| || ||Seippel S||$72.00||0/24/4||Closed||
| ||211||114250||CATIA Level 1|| || ||Rochon S||$72.00||24/24/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.