College and Beyond
This course is designed to increase students' learning potential and success in college and beyond. Each student will actively explore learning strategies and attitudes that lead to improved grades and employability. Topics covered in the course include college language and resources, time/task planning, critical thinking, study techniques, uses of the e-portfolio, self reflection, and exploring attitudes and dispositions successful students bring to a learning environment. Each student will learn to apply the principles covered in this course to other college course work.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine your suitability for online, hybrid, open-entry/open exit, and on-campus instruction.
- Analyze a course syllabus as a course contract.
- Explain the importance of Schoolcraft College's Core Abilities and General Education Courses.
- Evaluate personal barriers regarding your own student success.
- Identify effective collaboration and group skills.
- Develop an effective learning system for academic success.
- Differentiate between short-term, intermediate and long-term information processing (memory) strategies.
- Explore learning and personality styles, and self reflection.
- Formulate conclusions from multiple sources of information.
- Determine appropriate information sources for academic research.
- Explain the purpose and benefits of an electronic portfolio.
| ||101||110101||Student Success|| ||3||Wernholm A||$10.00||26/30/0||Open||
| ||101||112705||Student Sucess ||Online||3||Fichtenberg C||$30.00||26/31/0||Open||
| ||101||112457||Student Success ||Online||3||Fichtenberg C||$30.00||29/31/0||Open||