Business on the Web (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course introduces the student to the key business and technology elements of electronic commerce. Both the theory and practice of conducting business over the Internet and World Wide Web are presented. The major topics include technology infrastructure, planning and implementing a Web presence, marketing on the Web, business-to-business strategies, social networking, mobile commerce, online auctions, ethical and regulatory issues, Web server hardware/software, security and payment systems.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- BUS 101 .
- ENG 101 or minimum placement test score of 22 ACT, 29 SAT or 108 CPT.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Summarize the role of electronic commerce in relation to business activities.
- Characterize the technological infrastructure supporting electronic commerce activities.
- Examine the Internet marketing environments for selling goods and services on the Web.
- Explore electronic-based strategies for business-to-business commerce.
- Evaluate the benefits of electronic commerce tools including social networking, mobile commerce and online auctions.
- Identify the influence of ethics and the regulatory environment on electronic commerce.
- Assess the technology utilized in an electronic commerce system.
- Characterize the business process elements of an effective electronic commerce system.
- Develop plans for implementing electronic commerce.
| ||215||142359||Business on the Web ||Online||3||Viksne E||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||215||142315||Business on the Web ||Online||3||Mellnick G||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||215||122315||Business on the Web ||Online||3||Mellnick G||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||215||112710||Business on the Web ||Online||3||Viksne E||$12.00||9/31/0||Open||
| ||215||112459||Business on the Web ||Online||3||Viksne E||$12.00||10/31/0||Open||
| ||215||112385||Business on the Web ||Online||3||Mellnick G||$12.00||6/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.