This course provides an overview of the opportunities and strategies available to the personal investor. The major areas covered include the types of investors and investments, securities markets, macroeconomic and industry variables, investment analysis and management and international investment strategies.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify key considerations in setting investment objectives.
- Distinguish between various types of investors and investments.
- Characterize the elements of securities markets.
- Relate the role of risk and reward in the investment process.
- Summarize the process of buying and selling securities.
- Examine the impact of industry and macroeconomic variables on investment decisions.
- Determine the financial condition of a firm utilizing financial statements.
- Evaluate investment value and performance.
- Develop an investment strategy through diversification.
- Apply investment strategies to international investments.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.