Personal Finance (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a practical study of problems and solutions facing the consumer in today’s society. The major areas that are covered in this course include personal budgeting, bank and financial institution comparison, strategies in the use and application of credit, insurance alternatives, housing alternatives, large item purchasing (such as automobiles) and occupational choices.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 or minimum placement test score of 22 ACT, 29 SAT or 108 CPT.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop strategies for obtaining, managing and conserving assets.
- Assess the key elements of successful career planning.
- Evaluate tools for conducting monetary asset management activities.
- Explore strategies for obtaining credit and managing debt.
- Apply the appropriate steps for the acquisition of a major purchase.
- Employ risk-management principles to address threats to income and assets.
- Evaluate financial strength and progress.
- Characterize the impact of income taxes on financial planning.
- Differentiate between various investments and the related risk factors.
- Monitor personal spending over a specific period of time.
| ||204||142406||Personal Finance ||Online||3||Collins T||$12.00||30/31/0||Open||
| ||204||142404||Personal Finance ||Online||3||Collins T||$12.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||204||142627||Personal Finance|| ||3||Mellnick G||$12.00||24/30/0||Open||
| ||204||122444||Personal Finance ||Online||3||Mellnick G||$12.00||20/31/0||Open||
| ||204||132404||Personal Finance ||Online||3||Mellnick G||$12.00||24/31/0||Open||
| ||204||112446||Personal Finance ||Online||3||Hill M||$12.00||12/31/0||Open||
| ||204||112444||Personal Finance ||Online||3||Mellnick G||$12.00||6/31/0||Open||
| ||204||112635||Personal Finance|| ||3||Mellnick G||$12.00||6/30/0||Open||
| ||204||117899||Personal Finance ||Hybrid||3||Collins T||$12.00||24/30/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.