Biomedical Engineering Technology
Biomedical Equipment Internship 2 (0-24/40) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This is the second cooperative assignment for a Biomedical Engineering Technology student who has completed one semester of internship. The conditions for assignment and evaluation are the same as for Biomedical Internship 1. The student is expected to handle an increased level of technical responsibility, and may possibly serve the internship at a hospital, medical equipment manufacturer or a medical equipment service company. The college and the employer will jointly evaluate the student, which will then serve as a basis for a final grade. (Usually 15 weeks)
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Acceptance into the Biomedical Engineering Technology Program (BMET) and
- BMET 116 ,
- BMET 204 and
- BMET 254 with a grade of 3.0 or better.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain role of Biomedical Engineering Technology in patient health and safety.
- Operate biomedical test equipment accurately.
- Maintain professional behavior in all situations with all hospital staff, patients and others.
- Prevent equipment problems through responsible maintenance and anticipation of potential issues.
- Complete all documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Select appropriate techniques and approaches for repairing medical equipment.
- Manage time appropriately.
- Adapt knowledge and procedures to work in changing situations.
- Exhibit professional demeanor in stressful situations.
- Communicate effectively in varied professional interactions.
| ||255||127412||Biomedical Equip Internship 2|| ||3||Peters C||$15.00||24/24/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.