Nutrition (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course provides a study of the nature and role of nutrition with emphasis on the changing needs in the human life cycle. The relationship between nutrition and health will be explored. Topics such as vegetarianism, food fads and fallacies, obesity, weight control and food additives are studied.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Contrast the basic food groups.
- Evaluate the recommended requirements for each of the six (6) classes of nutrients.
- Summarize the main steps in the body's metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.
- Explain how a surplus of the three energy yielding nutrients contributes to body fat stores.
- Examine dietary strategies for achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight.
- Compare the nutritional needs throughout the different stages of life.
- Analyze dietary intake for calories and nutrients.
- Interpret the information found on food labels.
- Relate nutrition to food additives, vegetarianism, exercise, health foods, genetically modified foods, food fads, and fallacies.
- Contrast how over nutrition and under nutrition can lead to disease.
| ||115||112312||Nutrition ||Online||3||Crowley-Harpenau P||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||115||112757||Nutrition ||Online||3||Crowley-Harpenau P||$12.00||12/31/0||Open||
| ||115||112756||Nutrition ||Online||3||Abbas M||$12.00||4/31/0||Open||
| ||115||017768||Nutrition ||OE/OE||3||Bayne N||$12.00||18/31/0||Open||
| ||115||112303||Nutrition ||Online||3||Fruth K||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||115||112337||Nutrition ||Online||3||Fruth K||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||115||112352||Nutrition ||Online||3||Crowley-Harpenau P||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||115||115320||Nutrition|| ||3||Ismail N||$12.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||115||115324||Nutrition|| ||3||OConnell Devlin J||$12.00||0/31/1||Closed||
| ||115||216061||Nutrition|| ||3||Nunez J||$12.00||20/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.