(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the basic systems of a typical aircraft as a foundation for aircraft maintenance.
- Analyze the basic elements of an aviation maintenance organization.
- Outline the various types of aviation businesses including airline, Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO), Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), manufacturer, general aviation Fixed Base Operation (FBO), and corporate aviation repair facilities.
- Evaluate key aspects of an aviation maintenance business that ensure safety, reliability and quality.
- Investigate the certification requirements for the aviation industry.
- Explain the legal and ethical aspects for record-keeping and documentation requirements.
- Explore current trends in aviation maintenance.
- Explore the career opportunities in aviation maintenance management.
- Classify the types of training in aviation maintenance.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.