(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify key events, locations and flight theories of the early evolution of flight up until the beginning of the 20th century.
- Summarize the early theories and experiments leading to powered flight.
- Identify the accomplishments of key figures in aviation history.
- Explain how war time pressures of World War I and World War II (WW I and WW II) impacted the evolution of aircraft and flight knowledge.
- Investigate key types of military aircraft and how aircraft changed the nature of warfare.
- Summarize the evolution, issues and regulations associated with the birth and growth of the airline industry in the United States.
- Summarize the growth of general aviation including key manufacturers and related businesses.
- Outline key events associated with the birth and growth of rocket powered flight for military and space applications.
- Outline the projected aviation advances, challenges and issues expected in the 21st century.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.