Art and Design
This course is a continuation of Painting 1, providing for further investigation of the painting media and processes utilized in abstract, conceptual and representational compositions. Students will work toward developing a focused approach both thematically and technically.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts (painting in particular) can function within society.
- Demonstrate the relationship and importance of painting to other art forms.
- Create a painting using a triadic color theme.
- Create a painting using a complementary color theme.
- Create a painting using an analogous color theme.
- Apply color theory to evoke an emotional response.
- Create a diptych or a triptych.
- Create a series of stylistically and/or thematically consistent paintings.
- Research different methods of painting from established Art history sources.
- Develop proficiency in the main technical requirements of painting.
| ||239||017702||Painting 2 ||OE/OE||3||Olson S||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||