Art and Design
This course introduces the student to fundamental painting theories related to techniques and processes utilized in abstract, conceptual and representational compositions.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts can function within society.
- Demonstrate the relationship and importance of painting to other art forms.
- Prepare colors with a limited palette.
- Apply paint to surface using various methods.
- Create form using a limited palette.
- Explore value gradations.
- Explore interaction of hard edges and soft edges.
- Create original compositions using knowledge of color theory and paint application.
- Research different methods of painting from established Art History sources.
- Develop proficiency in the basic technical requirements of painting.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.