Art and Design
This course provides an introduction to recording observed spatial and value relationships and basic approaches to drawing and media.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Research works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts, (drawing in particular) can function within society.
- Demonstrate the relationship and importance of drawing to other art forms.
- Analyze drawings, from established Art History sources, that effectively utilize traditional methods to achieve accurate spatial relationships to achieve accurate proportion.
- Construct drawings that show proportion and spatial relationships.
- Analyze drawings, from established Art History sources, that effectively utilize traditional methods to achieve accurate value relationships to achieve form and dimension.
- Construct drawings that show basic form and dimension.
- Construct drawings that create the illusion of depth by recording the effect of light on surfaces.
- Construct drawings that utilize spatial differentiation.
- Construct drawings that show linear and atmospheric perspective.
- Explore compatibility of different drawing media with different surfaces.
| ||105||130205||Basic Drawing || ||3||Sarris C||$35.00||3/20/0||Open||
| ||105||140209||Basic Drawing|| ||3||Moucoulis E||$35.00||17/20/0||Open||
| ||105||140200||Basic Drawing || ||3||Sarris S||$35.00||14/20/0||Open||
| ||105||140201||Basic Drawing || ||3||Sarris C||$35.00||14/20/0||Open||
| ||105||140202||Basic Drawing || ||3||Moucoulis E||$35.00||10/20/0||Open||
| ||105||140203||Basic Drawing || ||3||Sarris S||$35.00||16/20/0||Open||
| ||105||140207||Basic Drawing|| ||3||Sarris C||$35.00||19/20/0||Open||
| ||105||246152||Basic Drawing || ||3||Sarris S||$35.00||15/20/0||Open||