Allied Health Education
Introduction to Healthcare (1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.
This course provides a comprehensive review of the healthcare industry. Trends and changes related to healthcare facilities such as acute care hospitals, specialty hospitals, nursing homes, health maintenance organizations, hospice and home healthcare will be covered. The course will also deal with the impact and use of computers in the delivery and documentation of healthcare and the role of the medical professional in response to the healthcare delivery system.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain terms related to healthcare delivery systems, including the use of prefixes, suffixes and roots for each anatomical system.
- Examine the roles of health care facilities, patients, physicians, and allied health professionals and organizations.
- Interpret the changes occurring in the healthcare delivery system in terms of patterns in organized form and increased governmental intervention in healthcare.
- Examine the role of computer technology in healthcare.
- Characterize major factors in healthcare legislation at the federal, state and local levels of government.
- Illustrate the contributions of different disciplines and professions through public health initiatives.
| ||101||142356||Intro Healthcare ||Online||1||Harper E||$12.00||27/31/0||Open||
| ||101||142384||Intro Healthcare ||Online||1||Harper E||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.