Computerized Accounting Using Sage 50 Complete Accounting (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
In this course, you will gain hands on experience in setting up an accounting information system for a service, merchandising and manufacturing business using Sage 50 Complete Accounting software (formerly Peachtree). This course will apply the financial accounting concepts learned in your previous courses using Sage 50 Complete Accounting software. Using the software you will create vendor, customer and employee accounts, record transactions in special purpose journals and the general ledger, create invoices, process payroll, create and print reports and perform bank reconciliations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Prepare an accounting information system for a small business using Sage 50 Complete Accounting.
- Produce a variety of output file formats with Sage 50 Complete Accounting.
- Create company users, passwords and access rights.
- Customize a chart of accounts.
- Create customer, vendor and employee accounts.
- Categorize sales, cash and purchase transactions.
- Document sales, cash and purchase transactions.
- Reconcile a bank statement.
- Coordinate job costs with sales, purchases and employee transactions.
- Process payroll.
- Complete the closing process of the accounting cycle.
- Prepare financial statements and reports with Sage 50 Complete Accounting.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.