The MacGuffin’s 20th National Poet Hunt Contest
Judged by Laura Kasischke
First Place Prize of $500
*Two Honorable Mentions*
- Each entrant will receive one FREE issue of The MacGuffin that includes the winners of the 20th National Poet Hunt Contest (Vol. XXXII, No. 2 – Winter 2016).
- Staff members and their families are not eligible to participate.
- An entry consists of THREE POEMS. If more than THREE are sent, only the first three will be judged.
- Poems must be typed on sheets of 8½″ × 11″ paper. Clean photo copies are acceptable. DO NOT include your name and address on submissions.
- Each entrant must include a 3″ × 5″ card that includes poem titles and the contestant’s name, address, daytime telephone number, and email address.
- There is a $15 entry fee. Please send check or money order payable to “SCHOOLCRAFT COLLEGE”.
- Poems must not be previously published, and must be the original work of the contestant. Poems may be under consideration elsewhere. The MacGuffin reserves the right to disqualify work that is accepted elsewhere.
- No entries will be returned.
- Entries must be postmarked between April 1 and June 3, 2015.
- Please send ALL WITHDRAWALS before July 15, 2015.
Mail entries to:
POET HUNT CONTEST
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
Winners will be announced in September 2015.
First Place and Honorable Mention poems will be published in the Winter 2016 (Vol. XXXII, No. 2) issue of The MacGuffin.