ACT WorkKeys Assessment
The WorkKeys assessments for Michigan Paraprofessionals are:
This assessment measures a person's skill in using mathematical reasoning to solve work-related problems. A formula sheet will be provided. You may bring a basic four-function calculator. This multiple-choice paper/pencil assessment contains 33 questions. The test is timed for 45 minutes. Score ranges are Level 3 to 7. ParaPros must achieve a level 4.
Reading for Information
This assessment measures a person's skill in reading and using work-related information including instructions, policies, memos, bulletins, notices, letters, manuals and governmental regulations. This multiple-choice paper/pencil assessment contains 33 questions. The test is timed for 45 minutes. Score ranges are Level 3 to 7. ParaPros must achieve a level 4.
This assessment measures a person's skill in writing work-related messages. This is a constructed response audio tape assessment that contains 6 messages. The test is timed for 40 minutes. Score ranges are Level 1 to 5. ParaPros must achieve a Level 3.
No Child Left Behind Paraprofessional Certification Requirements
Are you ready to meet the new No Child Left Behind Federal requirements for employment?
Why?: All paraprofessionals employed in a public school that receives Federal funding must meet new standards for employment.
Who?: If you are currently employed as an education paraprofessional (teacher's aide) in a federally funded public school and you do not have:
- 2 years (60 hours) toward a college degree at an institution of higher education; or
- an Associate's Degree or higher; or
- documentation of your status as "highly qualified" by:
- Passing WorkKeys Assessment Testing in:
- Reading for Information (level 4); and
- Applied Mathematics (level 4); and
- Writing (level 3)
- Michigan Test for Teacher Certification
If you were employed prior to January 8, 2002, you have until January 8, 2006 to comply with the Federal law. Check with your human resources to find out your school district requirements.
- The next test session will be Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Download the Registration Form.
- Note: If you did not originally test at Schoolcraft College and would like to retest here, it is your responsibility to contact the school district/facility where you tested and have them send an official copy of your scores and test form to Schoolcraft College Testing Center, 18600 Haggerty Road, Livonia, MI 48152.
$60 Includes all 3 tests: Writing, Reading and Mathematics
- Writing: $20
- Reading for Information: $20
- Applied Mathematics: $20
Note: First time candidates must take all tests. Registration accepted with payment only. Fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable.