Your Schoolcraft email account can be linked to your mobile device. Follow these steps and you'll be able to get your email wherever you go!
From Your PC
- Log in to your Schoolcraft email account from your PC.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click on on the Google Apps icon that looks like 9 squares.
- In the pop-up menu, click on My Account.
- A new browser tab will open. Select the Signing in to Google link in the Sign-in & Security section of the screen.
- In order to use your mobile device, you'll need to enable 2-step verification. 2-step verification adds a layer of security by requiring access to your phone - as well as your username and password - when you sign in. If 2-Step Verification is off, click anywhere in the 2-Step Verification section to enable it.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Enter your mobile phone number. Google will send you authorization codes to this phone whenever you log in from untrusted devices or different computers. Choose how you'd like to get the codes, either text message or phone call. Click Try It.
- Google will send a code to the phone number you provided. Enter the code that you had sent to you and click Next.
- Click Turn On. You've now set up your account to perform 2-step verification and we can proceed to setting up your phone. In the blue bar at the top of the page, click on the arrow pointing to the left that is next to the words "2-Step Verification". This takes you back to the Sign-in & Security page.
- Now you need to generate an App password to use to set up your phone to connect to your Schoolcraft email account. Click anywhere on the App passwords section.
- Click on the Select app dropdown and choose Mail. Click on the Select device dropdown and choose Other (Custom name). Enter a name to describe your phone. (i.e. Samsung S6) Now click the Generate button.
- Write down the app password so you have it to use when setting up your phone. Then click Done.
- Go back to your email and click on the Settings icon (looks like a gear) and then select the Settings menu item.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the IMAP Access: section, click the Enable IMAP option. All other settings can be left alone. Click the Save Changes button.
On Your Mobile Device
- For Android, go to our Guide for Android Devices.
- For iPhone or iPad, go to our Guide for iOS Devices.
You can create multiple passwords if you have more than one device you want to use to access your email. Just repeat the steps for each device.
You're done! Now you can get your email on the go!