Your Schoolcraft email account can be linked to your mobile device. Follow these steps and you'll be able to get your email wherever you go!
From Your PC
- Log in to your Schoolcraft email account from your PC.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click on your email address with the little arrow next to it.
- In the pop-up menu, click on the Account link. (Not the Add account button, the link above it.)
- A new window will open. Select the Security link on the top of the screen.
- In order to use your mobile device, you'll need to enable 2-step verification. 2-step verification adds a layer of security by requiring access to your phone - as well as your username and password - when you sign in. Click the Setup link next to the "2-step verification".
- Click the Start setup button.
- Enter your mobile phone number. Google will send you authorization codes to this phone whenever you log in to untrusted devices. Choose to get text messages or voice calls with the codes. Click the Send code button.
- Google will send a code to the phone number you provided. Enter the code that you had sent to you and click the Verify button. If you perform this setup from a trusted computer you can leave the checkbox checked and click the Next button. If you are doing this setup from a public computer uncheck the box first.
- Read the instructions on the screen and click the Confirm button. You've now set up your account to perform 2-step verification and we can proceed to setting up your phone.
- Now you need to generate an application-specific password to use to set up your phone to connect to your Schoolcraft email account. On the next screen that displays, follow the instructions and generate a password to use to set up your email account on your phone. You will only need this password once to set up your phone so there is no need to remember it.
Note: Backup codes are not required for initial setup. Click "Remind Me Later".
On Your Mobile Device
- Go to Google's mobile device (http://learn.googleapps.com/mobile-users-3) page for help with your particular type of device. Remember to use the application-specific password you generated in step 10 when setting up the account on your device.
We've found that the recommended setup for iOS devices does not work very well. See our Guide for iOS Devices to set up your iPhone or iPad.
- You can create multiple passwords if you have more than one device you want to use to access your email. Just repeat the steps for each device.
You're done! Now you can get your email on the go!