To use an Apple iOS based device, follow these instructions to setup Google Sync on your phone. This will allow you to get email, calendar and contacts and keep them in sync. Make sure you turned on 2-step authentication and generated an application-specific password before performing these steps on your Apple iOS device.
- Open the Settings app on your device's home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Press Add Account...
- Select the Microsoft Exchange account type.
- In the Email field, enter your full Schoolcraft email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- Enter your full Schoolcraft email address as the Username. Make sure you include the @apps.schoolcraft.edu.
- Now enter the application-specific password that you generated from your Schoolcraft email account for the Password.
- Press Next at the top of your screen.
- When the Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
- Press Next at the top of your screen again.
- Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync.
- To receive and respond to meeting requests on your device, both Mail and Calendarneed to be turned on, and New Invitations needs to be enabled in your Google Calendar Settings. To enable New Invitations:
- Sign in to your Schoolcraft email and go to your calendar using the web browser on your phone or computer.
- Go to Calendar Settings then Calendars and click on the Notifications for the calendar you want to sync.
- Under Email, check New Invitations (and any other Invitation settings you want enabled), and click Save.
- Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone (or iPad / iPod Touch) option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of your All Contacts group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the contents of your All Contacts group will be synced.
You've now set up Google Sync! Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Mail, Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds for it to start syncing.