Schoolcraft College K-12 Summer Seminars
Announcing the Schoolcraft College K-12 Summer Seminars: a unique professional development opportunity for educators.
Each year Schoolcraft College’s Continuing Education and Professional Development department offers teachers, counselors and educational administrators the opportunity to expand their professional knowledge in our annual K-12 Summer Seminars and earn valuable SB-CEUs.
K-12 Summer Seminars
The K-12 Summer Seminars enable participants to explore a topic or set of readings with a dynamic practitioner and interact with other educators in the exploration of new ideas. The Seminars are designed to encourage K-12 educators to expand and deepen their understanding of the teaching and learning experience through discussion, reading, writing, reflection and scholarly activity and to take that new knowledge into their classrooms and schools.
Seminars will Include
- Topics that can be integrated in many subject areas for both elementary and secondary classes
- An emphasis on classroom application relevance - take what you learned and put it into use
- Current best practices
- Nationally recognized Speaker(s) on a featured topic
- SB-CEUs for teachers attending
- Unique location
- Refreshments (continental breakfast and lunch are provided)
What People Have Said About Previous Seminars
From the 2011 Seminar with Dr. Ferguson titled Raising Achievement in Our Schools
- "I will share the Teaching the Hard Stuff workbook with the staff at my school. It is a wonderful tool for getting constructive feedback from colleagues and starting conversations that will benefit our students."
- "In applying "control" from the Seven C’s discussed in the presentation, I realized ways that I could establish more order to the structure of my classroom, and plan on doing so starting next year. In the "care" element, I was made to be more aware of the kids that I wasn’t making connections with, and some strategies for doing more of this. Considered some ways to better "clarify" my teaching material."
- "I learned that it doesn’t take changing or increasing a school’s budget to implement positive changes. I will take the time to persuade and help my colleagues be the best teachers they can be because we need to stop the in-fighting and work towards helping kids do great things."
Who Can Benefit from These Seminars?
These Seminars are designed for full and part-time teachers, counselors, school social workers and administrators in K-12 schools. Current undergraduate and graduate students who intend to pursue a career in K-12 education are encouraged to attend. Home schooling parents and adults generally interested in education may also find these seminars valuable.
K-12 Summer Seminars Information
Questions concerning Schoolcraft’s K-12 Summer Seminars should be directed to 734-462-4448 or firstname.lastname@example.org